WINDOWS Live Search

To contact me for any clarifications regarding any posts / information, please mail me at arijit [dot] basu [at] gmail [dot] com


Friday, April 9, 2010

AX Environment Information on UI - Simple & sweet tweak.

I've ofter observed that during implementations where there are multiple environments it becomes difficult to identify which environment a form belongs to especially when there are multiple forms open form different environments (Live, Test, Prod, Training etc). I made a very simple tweak which highlights which environment a form belongs to. Very similar to the AX 2008 Workflow band. This was successfully tested in AX 3.0, AX 4.0 and AX 2009. Its really very simple and effective. See screenshot below.

















The XPO is attached below. This XPO is for AX 2009 SP1 and the SysSetupFormRun class was modified.



Happy DAX-ing

2 comments:

Batoni said...

Hi Arijit!

Thank you for this post. This is something I was looking for. Have you seen/tried/known about some more visually intensive modifications in AX forms? Something like a watermark on Content Panel and all forms? All I could accomplish before your post was changing background color for all forms through SysFormRunSetup class.

Any ideas?

Thanks again!
Fernando

Ricardo Pichler said...

Hi Arijit,
How are you doing my friend?

I'm using your tweak, but I've got some problems involving lookup forms. Some employees in diferent machines has a strange behavior when they try to use a lookup form (e.g. change Invoice Account from one customer), the problem is that you need to select the record above that you want to this works.

I've solved the problem using:
if(this.design().windowType() == FormWindowType::Standard)
workflowControls.initControls();

If I wasn't clear, please, let my know in the msn!

Thanks for all and best regards.